Accessible Page Links

Page Tools

Main page Content

Enrolling at our school

In Catchment

Parents or legal guardians who wish to enrol their child at Cavendish Road State High School are required to demonstrate that the student’s principal place of residence is within the catchment area. Proof of residency at an in-catchment address must be provided by:

One primary source:

  • a current lease agreement and bond receipt OR
  • rates notice (for residence), or unconditional contract of sale, and

One secondary source:

  • a utility bill (e.g. electricity, gas) showing this same address and parent’s/legal guardian’s name

If the Principal is not satisfied that the documentation provided by an applicant adequately demonstrates that the address stated is the student’s principal place of residence, then the Principal may request further sources of proof of residency.  The Principal may also request additional evidence and may require an interview with all parties to discuss the living arrangements.  

Other documentation required on interview:
  •  Birth Certificate
  • Legal Custody Order (if applicable)
  • For students who were not born in Australia and do not have Australian Citizenship – copy of their passport, visa and date of arrival stamp
  • If your child was not born in Australia but does have Australian Citizenship – copy of their Australian Citizenship Certificate with their date of arrival in Australia

If you reside within our catchment area and have proof of residency please contact our office on phone (07) 3394 0777.

Enrolment Applications for Year 7, 2017

Residing within the catchment area - Parents wishing to enrol a student for Year 7, 2017 can contact the school office on 3394 0777 to book an enrolment interview if you reside within our catchment area.

Out of Catchment Applications for Year 8-12, 2017 

At present, due to the high demand of enrolment applications within our catchment area,  we are not taking Out of Catchment, Expression of Interest Applications for Year 8-12, 2017.

Application For Sporting and Music Academy Programs

If applying for a Sporting or Music Academy please submit the application to the school office with the relevant enrolment paperwork. All applications will be forwarded to the relevant Program Director.  Applicants will be required to attend a Trial Day or Music Audition.